Gary's Social Media Count

Sunday, November 16, 2008

National Change your Password Day!


So far, I've been lucky, no one has stolen my identity. I've heard horror stories and they are still continuing for some of my friends. Lately, on twitter,( this is not documented yet), but a friend of mine at work asked me if I had jumped on this site and yes, gave my twitter name and password.
I KNOW better, but since it was suggested by a trusted friend, I trusted the site.. whoops, my first mistake.
I changed my password after this conversation and now I'm throwing this out to cyberspace..we should have more conversations about changing your passwords...we should each set time up during the year to actually do this task instead of waiting for an incident to happen. So I propose we change passwords quarterly...everyone should take time out of their busy lives to change their passwords...before their luck runs out....

No comments: